About Me

My photo
I am a girl who wants to make a difference maybe even change a life

Followers

Friday, April 1, 2011

In my life Music is becoming a hazard

Music... to many is just a catchy tune or a melody you listen to on the radio. But to me Music is much more its like therapy to me it's my escape like some use art, writing, friends, drinking, drugs, relationships, family, school and other things as an escape I use music. It is more to me than a catchy tune or a use of words or a fun melody or a thing to dance too. I listen to all kinds country, rock, screamo, punk rock, metal, classical, hip hop,Rap, and maybe even some christian well maybe depends on my mood or what type of "therapy" I am in need of. I actually have been catching myself listen to music even more than before! music is becoming such a part of me! I mean I don't go a day with out either listening to the radio, or checking out a Song on YouTube or listening to my iPod! Ive even ruined CD's because I listen to them so much! To much? Maybe? Just a little..? I think so... I have to watch because if I get so over whelmed with my feelings: anxiety, stress, anger, sadness, happiness, worry, negativey.. Then I forget the real reason why I am here or how I am still alive! Because of the Grace of God I am still breathing! So I need to watch because I can catch myself making it my priority to listening to this certain song or making my whole day around this one band, song, or singer! But what I need to do is make my priority God to want to take time to take to God! I need to plan my day around God and what he wants me to do rather than Music because yes music is fun and relaxing and all yet it's not an everlasting thing yes God created music yet he created it so we would use it to praise him not to defy him! Music doesn't save us or isn't there for us in our times of need! So I need to watch and make sure Music isn't becoming like an idle to me! So I am trying to listen to more Godly music and use that time to praise God with it rather than to defy him...

I guess my question is What do you catch yourself doing or using to fill the void of the almighty with...? What's the idol in your life that you need to take a break from?

No comments:

Post a Comment